Kurt McKee (kurtmckee) wrote,
Kurt McKee
kurtmckee

Moving, part 5

Apparently Python-based LiveJournal softwares think they're special snowflakes that don't have to deal with Unicode. The first library created severe corruption and truncation. The second tool immediately crashed because it assumed I was using a Cyrillic locale that was compatible with characters the library's author introduced in the output (and crashed again when it encountered a post I wrote with Spanish phrases). Time to start writing patches.
Tags: website
Subscribe

  • Tera Term subroutines

    A long time ago I inherited a big monolithic mess of Tera Term macro code. After a few years the code base had grown considerably and become…

  • Twelve days later

    It's been twelve days since my shoulder surgery so I thought I'd post a summary of what I've been up to. In the first 24 hours there was an issue…

  • In the beginning

    My first programming language was some variant of BASIC on a VTech Precomputer 2000. Then one day I discovered that a copy of QBasic was included…

Comments for this post were disabled by the author